Job Title: Development Team Lead
Northwest Multiple Listing Service is a not-for-profit, member owned organization, and is the largest full-service MLS in the Northwest. Its membership includes more than 29,000 real estate brokers and appraisers. We provide superior systems, products, and services for the technologically savvy real estate industry in the Pacific Northwest. The organization, based in Kirkland WA, currently serves 23 counties in Washington State.
The company pays competitive salaries and offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, EAP, and 401(k).
The Development Team Lead provides leadership of development initiatives, overseeing application development projects and mentoring team members; serving as a primary technical point of contact for development initiatives; ensuring NWMLS applications, databases and ETL processes meet ongoing business needs; prioritizing and scheduling work within the Development team under the direction of the IT Director.
The Development Team Lead also acts as a full stack developer including backend SQL Server, mid-tier and web front end development. The position helps architect, design, build and maintain software solutions. The position also works to integrate various disparate systems and refine existing systems and applications as needed to support NWMLS business initiatives.
- Provides project leadership and oversight of development initiatives under the direction of the IT Director
- Coaches, mentors, and leads staff in meeting development initiatives to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives and budgets
- Serves as point of escalation within the Development team for technical issues
- Assigns work, prioritizes tasks and oversees priorities and progress against project initiatives
- Performs requirements analysis, architects solutions and utilizes software development life cycle best practices to develop, document, test and maintain robust, user friendly applications and utilities
- Supports iterative, agile development methodologies
- Oversees IDX, ETL, and EDI related data exchange process and procedures
- Ensures application stability, security and overall maintainability
- Writes test plans, conduct unit testing and document test results
- Develops and maintains code documentation, procedures, and policies
- Ensures, develops and maintains database disaster recovery plans in conjunction with overall DR initiatives of the Infrastructure team
- Evaluates new and emerging software and other technologies
- Look to automate jobs through scheduling and job scripting
- Installs, configures and manages core application code, databases and related software components.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and conducts performance tuning of applications and databases
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
- Coordinates with other IT team members in a collaborative development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- Minimum of 2 years prior Dev Team Lead experience
- Minimum of 10 years of application development experience, from the user interface to n-tier design, SQL Server relational database layout and development
- Strong understanding of application security, load balancing, app monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Strong EDI/ETL/IDX familiarity using Web Services, SQL and XML
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Committed to exceptional customer service
Please send your resume and salary requirements directly to email@example.com with the position title "Development Team Lead" in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.