Job Title: Front Desk Specialist
Northwest Multiple Listing Service is a not-for-profit, member owned organization, and is the largest full-service MLS in the Northwest. Its membership includes more than 33,000 real estate brokers and appraisers. We provide superior systems, products, and services for the technologically savvy real estate industry in the Pacific Northwest. The organization, based in Kirkland WA, currently serves 26 counties in Washington state.
We pay competitive salaries and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, EAP, and 401(k).
See why we qualify as a Great Place to Work!
The Front Desk Specialist in the Kirkland main office is an elemental part of the NWMLS' ability to provide service and support to existing and potential broker members and subscribers. The Front Desk serves as one of the initial and therefore, most vital point of contact between the NWMLS and our members/subscribers. The main function of those who staff the Front Desk is to be positive minded, accurate, and detailed in customer service. It is in the best interest of the Front Desk staff to be well-versed in all departments within the company in order to better serve our customers.
Please Note: This is a full-time position with a Tuesday through Saturday work schedule. For work performed on Saturdays, employees work for 7 hours but receive pay for 8 hours.
- Greet and positively acknowledge each person who walks through the door.
- Respond to member/subscriber inquiries with informed care and consideration.
- Issue and troubleshoot electronic keys to qualified members/subscribers.
- Process sales transactions.
- Post payments to member/subscriber accounts.
- Register members/subscribers for classes.
- Answer member/subscriber inquiries regarding a multitude of issues, including but not limited to accounting, rules, listing input, membership requirements, and technical support.
- Readily research issues in unfamiliar territory; able to direct inquiries through proper channels, know who your "go-to" people are.
- Communicate, inform, and maintain personal rapport with members/subscribers.
- Guide members and subscribers through the requirements of becoming, adding, transferring, or deleting a broker or appraiser.
- Organize and process accurate and extensive documents for a number of departments, including accounting, keys, and membership.
- Maintain detailed records of sales, accounts receivable, keybox and key issuance.
- Process RMAs for keys and keybox products; keep in depth track of inventory.
- Cash handling and register reconciliation.
- Assist with quarterly inventory.
- Provide setup for calendared meetings as needed.
- Provide reception coverage for an occasional weekend shift and cover Satellite offices as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Competency on a PC within a Windows environment.
- Able to communicate with members/subscribers 95% of the workday.
- Able to use a computer to navigate through multiple systems to input and retrieve information.
- Effective communication skills using the telephone.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Warm, friendly, helpful, caring attitude.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Must present a professional and friendly image.
- Able to adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must type 40 or more words per minute.
- Adhere to NWMLS policies as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Good listening skills to assess member/subscriber's needs.
- Can do attitude!
Please send your resume and salary requirements directly to email@example.com with the position title "Front Desk Specialist" in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.